Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Escape Claws


Baxter is at it again... I felt a tap on the elbow, just prior to the touch of four rather large claws gradually pressing into my arm. Baxter is giving me the most earnest look possible. I've never seen a more earnest looking dog (see example). He knows the neighbor's cat is prowling around the driveway behind our house. He thinks if he can con me into taking him outside (even though he was just outside a short time ago and I'm pretty certain he doesn't HAVE to go), he just might break free to give that cat what he has coming to him. I don't know what that is, exactly, but Baxter really, really wants to deliver it.

Last time Baxter lunged his way loose from my grip and actually caught a cat, he did absolutely nothing. Baxter just stood there, staring at the cat as if to say "tag, you're it!" Of course the cat was having a complete nervous breakdown.

Maybe that's all Baxter wants. Is a little cat tormenting so wrong? Perhaps Baxter, like us, saw the same cat tormenting a little bird last week...

2 comments:

Calli said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and think it's adorable :) I also blog about my scruffy dog and would love if you came to visit http://mydogforest.blogspot.com/

Betsy, Ivory Rose and Tusker said...

my dog thinks of cats as squeaky toys that move very quickly...so fun! cute mug on baxter! i love scruffy dogs too!!