Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Really Hot Dogs

It's toasty warm here today, and by waiting until about 2:00 to go for a walk with the dogs, I ensured we were out at the absolute hottest part of the day. As I mentioned before, Baxter takes the heat pretty well. He's tall and wiry and his tongue, when fully extended can disperse a LOT of heat. Kirby, on the other hand, is mere inches from the ground, a bit broad in the beam and mostly black. He's a heat magnet.

Kirby is usually out in front, vying with Baxter for the lead spot. Today he was walking just a few inches behind my heel. I looked down to see what was going on and I realized he was walking in my shadow. Clever little guy.

So I stopped and asked: "What would you like to do?"

Kirby looked up at me, made a 180-degree turn and started heading for home. Baxter followed along happily.

No comments: