Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh the...Peace?

After spending a couple of hours intensely focused on writing a press release for one of my technology clients (yes, I go into the "flow" zone when writing press releases...if only I could do that writing a novel...anyway...), I closed the document and was startled by something I hadn't experienced in a while...total silence. I experienced a brief moment of panic.

You see, when I started writing, both Baxter and Kirby were in here, amusing themselves with the array of toys I have scattered about my office. But when I "awoke" from my state of concentration, I heard absolutely nothing. I looked up to see if the gate had been breached (Kirby is an escape artist). Nope, just like I left it. "Where are the dogs!?!" my mind raced... I then noticed that Kirby and Baxter were both stretched out on the floor sleeping - Kirby under the desk and Baxter on the other side of it. It was a beautiful thing to behold, such peace. No wrestling, no squeaking, no scratching. Just blissful canine sleep.

Kirby's now jumping up at me, his signal that he's back up and at 'em and wanting a biology break, so I'm calling it a day.

No comments: